Safeguarding at St Andrews International School
All staff and volunteers at St Andrews International School are committed to keeping children safe, ensuring the well-being of our school community and promoting a culture of care.
Cognita Schools expect all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks are undertaken before any appointments are confirmed.
What does safeguarding mean?
We have a strong safeguarding culture at St Andrews and this can be seen through our:
- Rigorous safer recruitment process
- Regular safeguarding training for all staff
- Positive student to student and student and staff relationships
- Student consulted PSHE education program
- Student voice initiatives
- Student and staff mentor system
- Pastoral care systems
- Independent safeguarding reviews
Sometimes we may seek support from external agencies, including for early help and intervention. We have good links with a range of support services such as counseling, psychologists, SEN specialists and behaviour therapists.
We have a designated member of staff who takes responsibility for this area.
Blake Fisher is the Designated Safeguarding Lead: firstname.lastname@example.org