CAS is a fundamental part of the IB Diploma curriculum at St. Andrews International School, Sukhumvit 107. The CAS requirement takes seriously the importance of life outside the world of scholarship, providing a counterbalance to the academic program. Participation in theatre productions, sports and community service activities encourages young people to share their energies and special talents while developing awareness, concern and the ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Increase awareness of your strengths and areas for growth
- Undertake new challenges
- Plan and initiate activities
- Work collaboratively with others
- Show perseverance and commitment
- Engage with issues of global importance
- Consider ethical implications
- Develop new skills
St. Andrews International School, Sukhumvit 107 provides many opportunities for students to get involved in a variety of Creativity, Action and Service activities.
- Students Raise 6,300 THB for Operation Smile, in sales of Fortune Cookies for Chinese New Year! To learn more read here.
- CAS Students raise money on Valentines Day for the charity FORDEC. To learn more read here.
Students are also encouraged to follow their own interests and get involved in other activities not sponsored by the school. Students should thoughtfully align their activities with the eight learning objectives. Reflection on student participation is another important component of the CAS program.